Friday, May 7, 2010

My first........

Hmmm this is probably the first time in my life I have ever put pen to paper (or in this case, fingers to keyboard) to write anything that wouldn’t be submitted. I just want to pour out some of the random thoughts in my restless mind. I must admit I’m a complete novice at this thing called writing. I’m probably even worse when it comes to reading so this might just be total rubbish in the making.

I’m a geeky engineer running away from his natural ways, I play with numbers not words, I have never kept a diary, journal or anything of that sort. I have read about 15 books and 10 blogs from about 5 people in all my life so I really don’t know what I’m doing or why I’m doing what I’m doing right now but I’m going to just keep typing till I make some sense.

I decided to start a blog because after twenty plus years on earth I found a means of expressing my random opinions in many subjects of life on twitter, but the 140 character restriction wasn’t enough for me ( this coming from a man of very few words and don’t tell me about twitlonger). Another reason being that I recently found out that people actually listen to what I say and I want to use this medium to speak to them, and yea also because its free.

If at this point you are still reading this, then I would like to thank you for sticking with me (I mean even the writer is lost). In this blog I want to offer my opinions in a number of subjects; music, sports, technology, business, movies, television, education, politics (I be Encarta ?), anything that comes into my disturbed mind, I will write (#IsItYourfinger ?), I plan to share some pictures too. I’ll give my 2 kobo whenever I deem it necessary (not using 2 kobo reasoning though).

Knowing myself very well, there is a possibility this will be my first and last blog as I easily get distracted and bored, but then if I could type 572 words from my mind and read through them, then I have surely turned a new leaf in my life. Who knows I might finally get to start talking about subjects like Nora Roberts or Sydney Sheldon…… or not.

I’ll start up this blog with the only thing that occupies this mind of mine at the moment which is football; specifically the World cup in South Africa. If you are not a football fan (I wonder how you exist), sorry don’t run away yet as I have some other pieces that may interest you. I will be dropping them in between my football notes. Whenever there is a new note ill drop links on facebook and twitter.

DISCLAIMER: I do not have the talent to write a “piece of many words” in Queens English (if na wetin u dey find waka front) and also I cannot be held responsible for any actions taken after reading anything I write here.

Finally I will like to say to all the writers and bloggers out there…………..una dey try. I AM TIRED!!!!!!CHAI

Raise your glasses as we toast towards my Pulitzer Prize in the next 2,989,878 years, enjoy the ride if u do take it.

I won’t be upset if after today I’m the only one following, reading and commenting on my blogs.

2 comments:

  1. good job, and i look forward to reading ur thought on the world cup and reading personal stuff about u, am sure dey wud slip out from time to time, dat said,
    amma follow u now
    WELCOME TO BLOGSVILLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who's not a big fan of words, I must say you've pretty much got the hang of this whole writing thing. The key is to make for an interesting read no matter the topic or length of your posts and you have nailed it with this one... Good work so far... Let's see if you can keep it up..

    ReplyDelete